Day 95: Love is not a victory march.

I started this morning by planning out a number of odds and ends to attend to, most of which I was able to complete over the course of the day.

My first task was some Sasha Bruce work, namely preparing a list of the organization's partners and donors, compiling this information from a few different documents, to be included in this year's Annual Report.

I then filled out an insurance claim for the trip to Geneva I had to cancel earlier this year due to sickness. Fun times!

For lunch, Papa and I met Nizar at Cosi (their Bombay Chicken Salad is a must-try). We had a great conversation about the ups and downs of the college admissions process, and how in the end, "every little thing is gonna be alright."

Back home, I started to draft (late, of course) thank you messages to the many people who made my 18th birthday and birthday celebrations wonderful. (Above is the front of a beautiful card given to me by Rodrigo Uncle, Marcela Auntie, and Isabella for my birthday.)

While writing, I noticed that Laura was online, so I spent some time finally talking to her in (relatively) real time for the first time since she set off for Paris. It was great to hear about the family with whom she is staying (she is teaching their five children English) and to fill her in on the current events of my life.

In the afternoon, I went to Flint Hill to jam with Mr. Cosby. We worked on three great songs today, and you can see our first crack at Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" below (my apologies for the poor quality).


Since arriving back home, I've been helping Nani with a bit of last-minute packing. We'll be heading to the airport to see her off momentarily!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!