Day 117: I just haven't met you yet.

Priya and I awoke early this afternoon to a call announcing a surprise visit from some close friends! While waiting for Jennifer and Ingrid to drop in, I read Sonnet 117, page 17 of Ars Amatoria, and one of Grace's college essays. I then called Grace on Skype to review my suggestions.

Just as she and I were wrapping up our talk, my PennPals arrived! It's always great to spend time with Jen, it was awesome to see Ingrid again after so long, and I also had the pleasure of meeting Max, Ingrid's older brother! We enjoyed some nice honey-full tea and had a hilarious conversation ranging from college life and American literature to awkward people and pink ponies.

I hope to visit these girls in Philly soon!
Having bid them farewell, I rushed downstairs for an eight-minute sprint on the treadmill before going with Mama to drop Priya off at a friend's place.




Back home, I concluded my workout at a less frantic pace before tackling some organizing, both online and in my room. I first published two emails Papa had sent me, on Friday and yesterday respectively, about interacting with the students of Gyaan Ghar in Ludhiana (whom I can't wait to see!). Next, I dumped out the contents of my desk drawers and organized them into beauty.

All's well that ends well!
Having helped Mama with a bit of real estate work, I'm off to read some Scientific American . . . the September issue. I'm behind where I want to be on reading, but happy that I've been keeping up with my pre-New Year's resolution to work out everyday during "winter break" aaand really pleased with my new haircut. (But come on, readers, I know the poll at the right doesn't accurately capture how a lot of my bros feel about the new "do" -- I won't be hurt if your vote indicates that you like me better when I look like a girl!) While I go catch up on urbanization, I wish you all a great night!

--

P.S. Jessie wrote to me while I was typing this post and she says the video I recorded for her was her favorite Christmas present -- thanks fo' everything, sista!

Comments

  1. It's so awesome you got to see the Penn girls! Let me know when you are going to visit because I was planning to visit Philly some weekend next semester and since we only live a little over an hour apart, maybe we could travel together? Merry belated Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should certainly do that!! Thank you so much, Kelly, and happy new year to you all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!