Day 109: Mujhe bhi iss baar hua.

After I read Sonnet 109 this morning, Papa, Priya, and I headed into DC for a visit to the bank. A wonderfully warm representative helped us, and I learned that he too took a gap year after high school! Andrew spent his year teaching English in Madrid. After he had helped us with our bank work, he gave me some suggestions on how to polish my Español, including watching movies in Spanish, and frequenting a website called Livemocha. ¡Gracias, Andrew!

With work out of the way, we lunched at Rōti, which Priya and I have classified as the Mediterranean version of Chipotle. It's a great quick place in northwest DC -- I encourage y'all to try it. We then checked out the new World Bank fitness center, which is glorious.


Back home, the Gill sisters "catnapped" before I read some Ovid and enjoyed a fun workout (during all of which Priya ridiculed my choice of floor exercises). 

After quick showers, our family set out for Bull Run Park, where there is an annual lights show.

The drive-thru display of holiday cheer is really charming, and I'd strongly recommend exploring it over the holidays.

At the end of the show lay a small carnival! I had a sudden funnel cake craving, which we satisfied before dropping off a Christmas present (which I am very proud to have wrapped) at the home of one of Mama's real estate clients who lives nearby. 


I write this post in the car on the way home, where we're going to continue the Bollywood film we started yesterday (Mere Brother Ki Dulhan) -- I saw it earlier this year, but it's almost better the second time! Very cute. 

Happy holidays to all --


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!