Day 114: Don't want no paper ganster.

I woke up wonderfully sore this morning (I love being sore) and Mama and I headed out to find me a pair of reading glasses! I was diagnosed in high school with computer vision syndrome (a fancy way of saying that I spend too much time staring at a screen everyday) and have finally ordered some glasses to lessen the strain on my eyes. In no time at all, I identified a pair that is sufficiently geeky, and we were all set!

They look weirder on my face, I promise.

Back home, Mama and I trekked around our neighborhood passing goodie bags out to our neighbors. I make such a good elf!


After thawing myself, showering, and reading Sonnet 114, it was off to Cosi (again!!) for a late lunch with RAckerman and Sienna.

We got that matching-college-sweatshirt-and-tandoori-chicken-sandwich swagger.

We had a great time, and when Ryan got jealous of me teaching Sienna Latin conditionals on the sheet of paper used to line my tray, he gave me a lesson on Spanish subjunctive and imperatives. Gratias, Raeane!

Si Raeanus laetus est, gaudeo.
Next, back at the ranch (i.e. my house), I worked out with Priya and then read enough Ars Amatoria so that my Ovid reading is exactly 100 pages behind my Shakespeare.

Having procrastinated on some work I need to do by writing to Laura, I now plan to continue the same by having dinner and a movie with my darling sister. Please don't put coal in my stocking, Santa!

--

Song of the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lsyUODmuao

Comments

  1. Do you always meet people at Cosi???

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would appear so!! The Bombay chicken salad is just too good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I'm glad you enjoyed your lesson, even though I kept messing up XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Spanish! And you're a great teacher, Raeane. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!