Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

After reading Sonnet 97, I finished writing the birthday gratitude messages I had started over the weekend. I then launched into a few hours of chores. Not the least exciting of these was the Psyche-like task of organizing our family's drawer containing a variety of small change from many different countries my dad visits for World Bank missions. FUN.


Next, I sent a message to some of my blog followers, requesting that they help me to publicize a video I recorded with Melvin Taylor on Day 87. As I explained in the email, we are trying to broaden our base of viewers, and are experimenting with the "magic of social media" to help in publicizing our work. So, I requested that these friends share our video on Facebook and/or Twitter to help spread the word -- and I'd love if you all would do the same!

After lunch, I started to watch a cute Christmas flick -- All I Want for Christmas. It was relaxing to enjoy the innocence of the two protagonists, a charming little sister and her earnest older brother.


I finished the film on the treadmill, before starting a pot of minestrone soup in the slow cooker and settling in for a nap. After a phone call from Woojin, a session with Dr. Thomas, a letter from Laura, and some errands with Mama, I was ready for a slow evening. Mama introduced me to Malgudi Days, a slow-paced, adorable Indian television series from the 90s, which I watched before enjoying a bowl of minestrone. I now plan to pack a bag of toys to be donated to Sasha Bruce for the holiday season before going to bed.

--

Song of the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrbtrOdytJ8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

This is my smoke signal!