Letter from the Editrix

Dearest Readers,

Thank you so much for all of your support. Each and every one of you is my muse, and I write for you. There are nights when I am exhausted and writing a synopsis of my day seems like a chimerical idea, but knowing that there are so many people out there who will read it and share my journey is what inspires me to write.

I tend to be generally conservative in the decisions I make, but there is one somewhat controversial decision I made recently that I have never regretted for a moment -- taking a gap year.

Already, in my first 100 "gap days," I have learned more about myself and my surroundings than I probably have in any other 100-day period of my life. According to a close friend of mine (Socrates), "the unexamined life is not worth living" -- and I am discovering so much from this daily process of examining and exploring, gems that I will be able to take with me to college and far beyond.

So again, thank you for accompanying me on my way. I will never forget Tierney telling me she reads each night just after I post, Ms. Kernodle describing her expression of joy as she gets a notification from my blog, Ms. Hattemer saying, "you have more fans than you think," Mr. Pryor revealing, "I noticed when you didn't post one day!" and all the other great feedback you all have given me. I am thrilled to have 65 of you subscribed by email, and I know there are also a lot of you who read on a regular basis. If you are one of these people, I would love if you'd leave a comment on this post just to let me know you're listening. But even if you'd rather not, I hope you continue to enjoy my experiences, reflections, and musings.

Lots of love and a thousand thanks,
Ratna Musella Gill

Comments

  1. I'm still here: reading daily, and living vicariously through you and your adventures. Keep being the beautiful person that you are.

    Ms. Kernodle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, "Rachel," your comment made my night. =) Thank you so much. I saw the blog that you and your sisters have -- how cool! Laura and I have a similar thing going; it's so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!