Day 113: All we had for sustenance was that song.

Today was literally my "lucky day," as the number 113 is my favorite number! (As you will see from the photos in this post, I have a bit of an obsession.)

After I had read Sonnet 113, Mama and I spent the morning at the doctor's office, where I got a flu shot and learned more about the nagging headache I always seem to have. Hoorah!

While waiting to be seen, I started the chapter on Plato in The Story of Philosophy. However, my somnolence soon overcame my scholarship, and I ended up napping on the couch in the waiting room for a good hour or so.

Back home, I wolfed down some lunch and some Ovid before sleeping for a short while (yes, again) and then getting ready to record with Melvin this afternoon.

Mrs. Pope picked me up and we headed to the studio, where my challenge for today was to write lyrics for a new upbeat Melvin Taylor original about traveling the world -- how totally gap-year-a-licious! We were all feeling tired out of our minds and rather irreverent today, so the session was fun and laid back. Melvin and I even posed for a "professional" photoshoot! (Evidence to come.)

When we had made sufficient progress with our new song, Matt (also known as the rapper Matt Christian) showed me the fully edited version of the Spanish song we recorded on Wednesday (he claims its title should be "Matt's Song" because it is clearly written about him). Regardless of addressee, it sounds great and I can't wait to share it with you guys! I'll let you know as soon as it's on YouTube.

Back home, I practiced the dance Iman choreographed for me before running on the treadmill, still sore from yesterday. After a super-spicy dinner, Priya and I helped Mama wrap some little goodie bags she will be giving her real estate clients for Christmas. She joked that we Gill sisters resembled elves, so I broke into a realtor-specific rendition of It's The Hard Knock Life, all of which, I am embarrassed to say, Mama caught on camera. (That is one video I will probably not be sharing on here.)

About to doze off again, I now declare the 113th Gap Day of this year . . . adjourned.


--

P.S. Please share this blog with one person you know today. I'd love to have 113 subscribers by Christmas! I'm at 70 . . .

P.P.S. No, I didn't take all of these photos today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!