Day 121: "End 2011 on a good note and then just walk away."

I woke up today about to embark on an anamnesis of this year when I received a rather startling email from my sister in France. She had remembered our erstwhile vow to get contemporaneous haircuts this year -- and voila!

Even six time-zone-hours apart, Laura and I are still twins.

Shakespeare had a tough time following this act, but I read Sonnet 121 before giving Ruby Chachu a big ol' "happy birthday and new year" phone call.

Mama and I were then planning to go to Meadowlark Botanical Gardens (prettiest place around) for a walk, but when we stepped outside and found the weather rather blustery, we headed straight to Tysons for some minor freaking out at Forever 21, some major dining at the Nordstrom Cafe, and a wonderful movie!


The Adventures of Tin Tin is a treat. From the romantic animation to the endearing protagonist, this movie is super cute. I would give it 5 stars for sure, and certainly encourage anyone looking for a relaxing afternoon to watch it.

It was also great running into Claire&Anna and Ariana at the mall! After our movie, we picked up some ice cream cupcakes from Coldstone Creamery for tonight and returned home.

I just finished a rigorous run and excruciating ab workout, completing my pre-New Year's resolution to exercise every day leading up to New Year's Eve (at least). Papa's flight home from India was unfortunately delayed, so it's just us three tonight, and we look forward to a quiet night of reflection and thanksgiving. 3pm today also marked the completion of exactly one-third of my gap year -- so far, so good!


Here's wishing you all a 2012 that is blessed through and through.

Comments

  1. I think you should keep your hair medium... and we should keep me in your days!!! you know who i am btws

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!