Day 359: I took a faithful leap and packed up all my things and all mylove.

We got up at 7:30 this morning, a bit late to meet our hoped departure time of 7:00. After packing, a cake, a prayer, and turning back two times, we were finally off for Cambridge around 10.

I listened to music on Priya's amazing headphones in the car along the way, as Nani fed me bowl after bowl of the biryani she had prepared just for me. We stopped briefly in Annapolis to get a photograph of Mama and me at a marina where we were photographed together 15 years ago.

I tried to get sleep at one point, and was fairly successful, but woke speaking a crude Punjabi line from "Angreji Beat."

It didn't seem like long before we were approaching Cambridge, my home for the next four years. We all gaped like children at the buildings and the river and the shops, before locating Greenough Hall and taking a peek (move-in is on Monday). We wove through the campus a bit longer before making our way to our hotel.

We had plans to go out for dinner but scrapped them in light of the fatigue we've accumulated today. We also accumulated photos and memories, and hope to gather many more tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!