Day 345: It was always you.

After proclaiming to myself this morning that nothing could make me get out of bed before noon, I awoke at 9 to Nani, who has gotten locked out of the house, ringing the doorbell repeatedly for 10 minutes. I let her in, trudged back up the stairs, and slept soundly until 12:15pm.

At this time, I did a few iterations of sun salutation, meditated briefly, and had a lunch of yummy leftovers from last night. Priya and I watched Olympic rhythmic gymnastics and mountain biking before I hopped on the treadmill for a mini-workout.

In the afternoon, I made my way to the Chanfreau residence for a surprise party in Natalie's honor. I was so happy to see this math-rocking, grammar-talking, Spanish-socking star again!


After I had gotten over how endearing of a person Natalie is, we discussed college anxieties, freaked out on a moonbounce, and, yes, got salsa lessons from Denise and her boyfriend Chris! This last part of the afternoon was certainly the highlight, as I grabbed my partner Nizar and went through the motions of salsa step-by-step. Such fun! (Though I must say, Natalie once again took the first place prize -- for most fun dance partner this time!)

Laughing and a bit sweaty, Nizar and I left the lovely and lively gathering for a pre-dinner dinner at Tysons. As I journaled my life to Varlet #1, he let me pick food from his plate at Panda Express until it was time to go.

Papa and Priya picked me up for a second dinner at P.F. Chang's, where I was restrained indeed with respect to eating. We frolicked through the empty mall afterwards, earning Priya a big ol' scrape on her knee, which I've just finished disinfecting. Little Gill is quite a stoic, and Big Gill only has 20 gap days left!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!