Day 358: "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

I woke up this morning probably too late for everything I had to do today.

After breakfast and some further polishing of my Freshman Seminar applications, it dawned on me that out of the myriad times I've been to the doctor this year, not one was an annual exam. We scrambled to make some appointments and set out for first one and then the other, with haphazard packing shoved in between.

This monotony of chaos was broken in the afternoon by a visit by my beautiful sister Iman Karram to say goodbye. Although she only stayed for a few minutes, we both got to spill our thoughts to one another one last time before I set off tomorrow. I'm so thankful she came to visit.



After my second doctor's visit in the afternoon, we bought some locally grown peaches and then Nani helped me dye my hair with henna. As this goop settled on my head and started to dry, I gave Nani her first iPad lesson, setting up her email, iTunes, Facebook, and Skype accounts. I'm looking forward to spreading my addiction to technology!

Since then, it's been ripping clothing off hangers and stifling sniffles. As Iman and I discussed today, "big changes" don't usually hit me until after the fact. But this one is sinking in suddenly -- I'm going to college!

--

Song of the day: http://youtu.be/g5sucb2mTAk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!