Day 346: Always one foot on the ground.

Priya and I arose late this morning and I did yoga before writing an abstract of my year as Priya got dressed. It's crazy that this gap year is coming to a close, but it's also crazy how many places I've gone, people I've met, and lessons I've learned. And it's not over yet!

This afternoon, Nani, Papa, Priya, and I ventured to southeast D.C. (where part of my heart lies) to visit the weekly flea market at Eastern Market. Though I worked for Sasha Bruce at Eastern Market for three months this year, I had never visited the weekend's street fair, and boy, did we enjoy it today! We meandered in and out of rows of stalls as Priya tried to convince me to buy a wig. I managed to resist, and picked up a nice pair of earrings instead.


We took the scenic route through the city on our way home, and grabbed cupcakes from Sprinkles for Mama en route. Back home, I caught up with Varlet #0 before the best workout I've had in a while.


We now watch the Closing Ceremony of the 2012 Olympics -- hoorah John Lennon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!