Day 255: I don't put eggs in baskets.

I stayed up way past my bedtime yesterday being serenaded by Zane Akhi and working on some Mothers' Day limericks. Click here to read my present for Mama.


This morning, I somehow sprang out of bed to whip up a spinach omelet for the mom (after reading my Tolle). Having scarfed it down, we dashed out to the door to see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, an American movie set in India. We each had greatly varying opinions on the film: I would give it 3 stars out of 5 but thought it was an enjoyable way to spend the morning! And it made me miss India a tiny bit, even though I just got back.


Post-picture, Papa and I took Mama to Brighton to buy a little something for herself. I get my impossible taste in clothing and accessories from her, but we finally convinced her to buy a purse -- success!


On our way out of the mall, we stopped at the Benefit make-up counter to say hello to Mama's friend and "Chinese daughter" Suling. She is a sweetie!


Back home, I dove headlong into my work. (Well, first I tried to dive into a nap but I sank because of disturbances every five minutes...grrr.) I started with planning lessons for both classes I am teaching tomorrow (Latin I and Latin II Honors) and then made a key for a worksheet some of these students will have to turn in. After this and some more mundane tasks like filling out forms for National Latin Convention (screaming opera songs all the while), I waddled downstairs for a workout.

I worked my core until I couldn't dream of standing up, and then proceeded to run two miles. This felt good and is going to hurt tomorrow. I followed my exercise with some concentrated (abridged) meditation and a super relaxing shower, before eating dinner and settling in for my real task of the night: I am planning to take the final exam which my students will be taking, to get a better idea of how I should be working with them over this week. I have a long night ahead . . .

Whether it was the almost-sleepless night or the morning's iced coffee or the company of the fam, I had a really gleeful day today, and hope Mama feels the same way!


¡Feliz día de la Madre, Mamá!

Comments

  1. is the movie good enough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was cute. Not too much time wasted if you end up finding it useless, but it did touch me in some ways.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!