Thursday, October 6, 2011

"Technological Advancement"

I wrote this piece waiting for the elevator on our last day in Brasilia. Let me attribute the lack of editing to the fact that although the lift did take quite a while to come, it was not that long.

technological advancement
9.30.2011

i’m waiting for the elevator.
and i can see exactly where it is at all times; i mean exactly what floor.
what if i knew who was inside?

what if you were inside?

i could know exactly where you were at all times.
psychologically; philosophically.
i could track every story of your existence.

now that would be technological advancement.

2 comments:

  1. This poem is AMAZING. we are going to have to exchange some poetry when you get back to the States. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Doug! We will, for sure. This isn't really my usual style, though, so I'm glad you like it. It's a weird experimental phase for me right now. =)

    ReplyDelete