Monday, October 10, 2011

"Business Class"

I wrote this on the flight from Sao Paulo back to D.C.

business class
10.10.2011

when my meal came, i scorned the obligatory linens and pretentious questions. was my filet "mignon" enough? did it matter? why use a napkin in my lap here when i wouldn't do the same elsewhere?

the answer came when a drop of vinaigrette permeated the soft, white plush of the pillow placed beneath my tray. convinced, i plopped the soft, white napkin in its stead and continued my dinner.

one cloth cousin sullied by my sloppiness and the other safely spared -- how pervasive discrimination is.

"what will you have to drink?"

wake up, world.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had an enlightening experience Ratna. You are definitely by far, the most down to earth person I know.

    ReplyDelete