Day 279: Nothing else matters.

I awoke this morning (from a dream that I had been teaching Indian children with Shahrukh Khan in a school located on an iceberg in the Nile River) to an email. I usually awake to emails. This morning's notable one was from Harley Taylor, a fellow writer, passing on an article he wrote recently called 7 Things You Can Do During a Gap Year -- click here to read the piece. I am happy to see that although my year hasn't been the most structured, I've managed to do, to varying degrees, each thing he recommends: travel, work, volunteer, study, meditate, get healthy (debatable), be creative.


This morning's Tolle reading was on "conscious death." I didn't really understand it. I spent some time figuring out the anatomy of Wolf Trap's Filene Center before ordering tickets to see Ingrid Michaelson there in July.

Then, I printed out some more material for my Happy Box! This, again, is a compilation of notes to sift through on rainy days, that make me grin and pertain not to anything tangible (achievements, credentials, etc.)


Annoyingly, each document I selected printed three times, so I ended up wasting more paper than I kept. It seemed like a good time for meditation, so I had my first intense sitting in a while, before rolling over for a nap. (Wow! Sound familiar?)

Next, it was time for packing (again) and some reading on Bogotá.


This was pleasantly interrupted by a visit from Christina Chang, one of Priya's best friends, who leaves for Korea tomorrow. Bon voyage, Christina!


Going over my suitcase, Mama realized that I'm not joking when I say I have no clothes to wear. "Disappointed" by my wardrobe, she sped me to the mall and bought me seven shirts, some flip-flops, and a new battery for my camera. Huzzah!


I'm about to put the finishing touches on my packing -- chances are looking greater than slim that I may actually travel to Colombia tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!