Din 229: I can face the world alone, as long as it's with you.

After hand-washing some clothes last night, I cracked open the book Deepu had given me. Five Point Someone is good fun! I love all the similarities to my favorite movie, but also appreciate the fact that the two are not scene-by-scene reflections of one another.

First thing in the morning, I meditated for an hour. I then read a section of The Power of Now and a couple of pages of Ovid before Dadi and I began discussing her love of flowers. I suggested that tending to plants is a sort of meditation in itself, since meditating is about being fully in the present. She liked that. :)

After getting a massage, I rejoiced at the return of my internet access! I then promptly got to work on posting about the last three days. This naturally took a bit of time, and before I knew it, students started pouring in! Today, we had our first full dress rehearsal (though not in costume) for Saturday's Variety Show. We ran through each number, timed it, and gave the performers feedback. We have a great program planned!


I was pooped after this practice (not that I had to do anything but press a button on a stopwatch) and I settled in for my evening meditation sitting soon afterward.

As soon as the hour was up, I marched to the park and commenced my evening walk with Bhua. Dadi and her friends were enjoying pani puri (tastiest snack in the universe) from a stall conveniently nestled in the comfort of our neighborhood park for the evening.

Now, I sit at my computer helping Raina draft a play on treatment of domestic laborers, to be presented at her school for International Workers' Day on May 1st. Drama is not a genre I generally like to touch with a ten-foot pole (well, except to read it voraciously), so this is a fun literary challenge. Wish us luck!

Comments

  1. its come out so well :D check out the blog for it!
    thanks btw :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!