Din 241: All's well that ends well.

After I had read my Tolle for this morning, Nani and I went to Mehr's house to see her again before my departure. There, we learned that there was a photo of her in today's newspaper! She won 2nd place at yesterday's "create-a-look" competition at 612 Ivy League, a local children's clothing brand. Click here to read about her fashion skills! For the next few hours, we drank piƱa coladas, washed our hands with paper soap, and rummaged through Mehr's exciting clip collection!


We then enjoyed her grandmother's sumptuous cooking over a lunch of every Indian dish I can name. I also took a minute to snap a photograph of my own, of this well-rounded fashionista in her natural habitat.


We returned home stuffed and I caught a nap before Deepu came over. She regaled me with amusing stories from her high school days while I shared with her my observations on India from this trip.


As Deepu was about to leave, Bimla Auntie arrived, with her two kids in tow. I chatted with Akhil (13) and Mahima (10) about school, home, and cricket as Auntie worked on some mending. I was happy to finally meet them!


I've been putting the finishing touches on my packing since then, including affixing photographs to letters that the students of Gyaan Ghar recently wrote to their pen pals at The Newton School.


I thoroughly enjoyed my last dinner with Nanaji on this trip, sharing embarrassing stories from college interviews and the like. Now I'm off to weigh my bags!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!