A Brief Update in a Strange Time

The last few months have been rather eventful on my end as I spent my first four months of the lockdown in India, wrapped up my job in Mumbai, and packed up my apartment in a frenzied 24-hour period, to relocate back to the States! I have news about an exciting transition to share, which is that I'll be starting my Masters in Public Policy at Harvard Kennedy School this fall! 

I am excited about this next step to further my ability to advocate for the world's most silenced communities. My two years at Aangan India were everything I could ever ask for in a job. I had the chance to work up close and personal with policymakers around the country to protect children at risk of trafficking and abuse, surrounded by colleagues who empowered young people to lead in a way that allowed me to grow professionally and personally beyond what I thought was possible. 

The organization's founder Suparna and I recently published this piece on the increased risk of domestic violence as countries around the world "locked down," and Aangan was able to provide immediate relief to about 11,000 families across the country in the wake of the pandemic. I look forward to staying in touch with the organization and allowing the lessons I learned there to guide my time in policy school.


For now, I've moved back to D.C. and we're all feeling very grateful to be living under the same roof again. Priya will be starting her junior year online as well, so we've got a full house!

I hope you and all those you care about are safe during these confusing times. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!